Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Not a pretty picture: Mia Feuer's "An Unkindness"


Watching The National on CBC News, I saw Paul Hunter's report on Mia Feuer's art exhibit, An Unkindness, at the Corcoran Gallery of Art, in Washington DC. I knew nothing about this Canadian artist, but, from Peter Mansbridge's introduction and first images, I got hooked.

Well, my getting hooked  on an art exhibit would not be news to anyone that knows me, but I tell you, this one is special, extraordinary. 

As Feuer says: art is not there to change the world but it can certainly make people question it; then act? Hopefully...

I invite you to be the judge, visit the Gallery's site with the announcement to Feuer's exhibition here. The information on the Press Release, which states the programme related to Mia Feuer's show, is also quite telling.

I suggest you watch The National's report, before you visit the gallery site and read the press release.

Not a pretty picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment